Osborn Ranch – Two Horses Block
Our Great Great Grandfather, Broder Frellson, was the winemaker and general manager for the original Red Winery in Alexander Valley (owned by Stagg’s Leap Winery). When Red Winery changed ownership in the mid 1890’s, Broder chose to make Alexander Valley his permanent home and purchased the Osborn Ranch.
In 2006, we selected the Two Horses block on the Osborn Ranch to plant new zinfandel vines, the Primitivo clone. The ground beneath these vines is made up of silty loam for the first two feet and then a gravely loam base. The soil structure drains exceedingly well, resulting in very balanced vines.